SPASE XMI Model Files
The SPASE metadata model can be expressed in many forms. One of those forms is as a UML model expressed using an XML Metadata Interchange (XMI) document. The XMI files which can be loaded into modeling software which can create standard UML diagrams and can be used to view details of the model.
There is a draft version of the data model which include definitions under consideration for the next production release.
The current draft version is 2.2.9, generated on: 2017-09-21
How to Import and Generate Diagrams
The UMI files can be imported into most modeling tools. However, the necessary steps vary depnding on the tool. Here are two examples.
MagicDraw UML (Version 16.6)
- Create a new project by selecting "File/New project..." from the main menu.
- Select "File/Import From/UML XMI 2.1 file" from the main menu.
- Choose the file containing the metamodel.
- Create a class diagram by:
- Select "Diagrams/Diagram Wizards/Class Diagram Wizard"
- Specify a name and package for the diagram. Click "Next"
- Select "SPASE_X_X_X" (where X_X_X is the version number) and click "Add Recursively"
- Click "Finish"
- Select "Layout/Layout Hierachic Style" to get a more appealing layout.
Visual Paradigm for UML
- Select "File/Import/XMI" from the main menu.
- Select the XMI file that contians the SPASE model description.
- Select "View/Panes/Class Repository" from the main menu.
- Open the class pane by selecting "View/Panes/Class Repository" from the main menu.
- Select all the classes in the list.
- Right-click in the pane and select "Form Design/Customize".
- Click "OK" in the dialog.